Building a memorable brand for your business is critical in the competitive internet world of today. Before you decide on a business name, it is important to do the necessary research to see if your “.COM” is available.
- Buy a “.COM” (TLD).
- Domain Name is Easily Understood (words and meanings are universal among cultures and translations).
- Domain Name Aligns with Business Core Values (e.g., eBay, PayPal, Internal Profits, Tennis Estimates, Facebook, Netflix, etc.).
- The Shorter the Domain the Better (2-7 letters using one word. May include 1-2 letters with an abbreviation starting or following the keyword. E.g., Tennis.com or TennisAZ.com).
- Registering Domains Using Keywords (2-3 words/maximum and between 6-15 characters).
- Branding Your Premium Domain for Success. Google also purchased Gooogle.com and Googel.com. Why? Because misspellings will cost Google the potential customer and search. Both domains forward to Google.com to promote the next search as if “there was no typo.” Google feels that spending money for both of these domains is a good investment, because they ensure the customer gets to the search bar with ease.